TAU-II-R Crash Cushion
A COMPLETE FAMILY OF REDIRECTIVE, NON-GATING REUSABLE, CRASH CUSHIONS TO SHIELD ALMOST ANY HAZARD.
The Redirective, Non-Gating, Reusable (R-NG-R) Universal TAU-II-R Crash Cushion is designed to meet NCHRP Report 350 as a reusable attenuator to protect motorists at speeds up to 110 km/h (70 mph) from hazards that range from 700 mm – 2.6 m (27 – 102”). The Universal TAU-II-R System uses Hyperelastic Polyurethane Modules tested to withstand multiple design head-on impacts before requiring replacement. The Universal TAU-II-R System is part of the Universal TAU-II Family so maximum interchangeability between all Systems helps keep inventory costs low. In addition, existing Universal TAU-II Systems can be upgraded to Reusable TAU-II-R Systems by replacing existing cartridges and nose with Universal TAU-II-R Modules and Reusable Nose.
- Hyperelastic (HE) Modules designed to withstand multiple design capacity head-on impacts
- Can convert existing Universal TAU-II Partially Reusable Systems to TAU II-R Reusable Systems by simply installing Universal TAU-II-R Modules and TAU II-R Nose
- Utilizes same universal parts that are used with Universal TAU-II Systems to reduce inventory costs
- Minimum number of anchors
- Uses standard transitions
UNIVERSAL TAU-II-R SYSTEM SPECIFICATIONS
- Classification – Redirective, Non-Gating, Reusable (R-NG-R) Impact Attenuator
- TL-3 Length – 7.3 m / 23’ 10”
- Width – 0.7 – 3 m / 27 – 102”
- Height – 800 mm / 31 1/2”
- Test Level – NCHRP 350 TL 1 / 2 / 3